Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Los Parapentes! (aka Paragliding)

Woo hoo! Finally! Por fin!

It only took 2 years and 3 ms of planning, but I finally got to go paragliding in Miraflores!

When I was here the first time, we were wandering around the parks and passed by the paragliders floating in and floating out. It looked incredible! I wanted to try it then, but am not so good with the spontaneous activities, plus it seemed like something that would be against the rules for World Service Corps [shh, don't tell Emily ;) ], so it didn't happen.

But when I found out I was coming back to Peru, I knew this had to be something I accomplished. I talked to Melissa about it and when we visited Miraflores, I was able to show her was I was talking about. Then, it just became a matter of when...

Then, in September, we started our Spanish class which meant we would be right down the street from the paragliding place for an entire month. We decided, it would be our celebratory event for finishing our Spanish class. On the Thursday before the last day of class, we figured out how to walk over there and ask about it. Unfortunately, we didn't have our passports. So we tried again the following day, but it wasn't windy enough.

So then, we decided we would come back the following week and Wilfredo could accompany us and maybe even try it too! So we set out and as we drove into Miraflores, we noticed there weren't any paragliders in the sky. Turns out there was not enough wind that day either! At that point, we were running out of time to get this in before the end of the year since we go to Huanuco soon.

The date was set for Monday, October 14, 2013 after 2pm to give it another try.


I guess it pays to wait. We got a little discount for calling ahead or something. The sun was shining. The wind was perfect (according to my pilot). It couldn't have worked out better! And it was SOOO FUN!

Hard to create the sensations of flying and weightlessness just by looking at the picture, but you get an idea of how high up we were and what we could see. :D Enjoy.








Thanks Akita for the awesome ride!

~nos vemos~




No comments: