Friday, September 20, 2013

Helpful People :)

This is my first time getting sick while abroad. Took 5 years worth of trips abroad, so not bad. I think it was just some food poisoning. Hard to say though as I think this is the first time I have had that too. 

I am so grateful to have such support while being sick. When the sickness set in, everyone jumped into action for me. First, my teacher assisted me with getting me water and paper towels. Plus, she hung out with me for a bit in case I needed her and she talked to me to help me calm down. Then, one of the other teachers went and bought me some medicine. 

When it didn't look like I was going to get better within the next few minutes, I called Wilfredo to pick me up from school, which is not a short trek, btw. He came and got me and got me home as quickly as possible. Fortunately, he was also not grossed out. 

Then, when I got home Wilfredo and Melissa went and bought some Gatorade and Tylenol for me. 

After some 15 hours of sleep and my fever breaking, I feel a lot better. Hopefully, back to 100% by the end of today. (I am supposed to give the sermon tomorrow at Monte Sion...) 

I had quite the team of people here to help me out and I am super appreciative of all of them. Thanks guys! 

And the other part of the wellness team... 

No comments: