Monday, June 9, 2014

Last Sermon in Peru

Yesterday was my last turn at speaking here in Peru at Filadelfia. It's not really a big deal, but it is kind of a big marker. As I said last Sunday when sharing communion, June is the month where we start saying "this is the last time __________." And so it is, this is the last time I gave the sermon for the FIladelfia congregation. 

Just so you know, I really tried hard not to procrastinate on preparing my sermon. I may or may not have procrastinated, but it was certainly done by the time I got to church. :D And I would post it if I knew how, but I think my PowerPoint turned out pretty well too. 

As it was the last time I would be in that position, I had to take a picture for memory's sake of my audience. I started to get all choked up, but thankfully was able to get it back together. 

(: Lleno del Espiritu :)

2 Corinthians 6:16 - As God has said:
“I will live with them
    and walk among them,

and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”
I think the sermon went over pretty well, though I haven't asked anyone. I did alright with the Spanish and only had to ask for help on a few words. If nothing else, I can say I've gone from having to write out my whole sermon in English and translating it into Spanish to writing out notes in Spanish like I would prepare for a sermon I am giving in English. Gotta count for something, even if my Spanish isn't perfect. 

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all this through him who gives me strength.


At any rate, I think everything ended on a good, solid note. 

We are down to our last 3 weeks here in Peru. It's been an incredible journey! I thank all of these guys for being with us for every step of it! 

~nos vemos~

No comments: