Monday, January 6, 2014

Made it Back!

After a very very long day of travel, I have made it back to Peru! 

I woke up around 3am to be at the airport for what was supposed to be my 6am flight. The lines were huge and awful with a bunch of people with cancelled flights or connections, which led to me checking in literally 7 minutes late. Because of that, I had to get my flight rescheduled. The lady that took care of me was a freakin' rockstar. She was hunting and calling people and making things happen. It was awesome. I ended up on a 9am flight to Houston that would land about an hour before my connection left for Peru. Unfortunately, we ended up leaving about 40 min late from SFO because of loading the bags onto the plane. I was not alone on my plane freaking out about catching my connection. For this, the flight attendants announced that we could look up a map in the magazine of the airport layout to find out where we need to go and they asked that people who were not in a hurry to stay seated, so that those of us in the back of the plane could get off more quickly. Not many actually did, but all the folks with babies and little kids stayed seated near me. This was also awesome. I got off the plane and walked over to my next gate and immediately got in line to board my flight. I got there in time, but this flight was also about 40 min late leaving because of loading the luggage. We landed in Lima around 12am. We finally got home and settled and in bed by around 3am. 

Despite the delays I ran into and the snow Melissa had to encounter, we made it back! 

I am very thankful to have had the time to see my family and friends for the holidays. It was relaxing and refreshing. 

Now it is time to get back to life in Peru. There are a lot of things I would love to see happen. There are a lot of things I need to know about in terms of what the congregation feels they need from us. We shall see what God's got in store for us! As a very wise friend of mine has said, regardless of the outcome, "we are doing God's work." Through prayer, working together, and keeping our focus on God, I think we will have it in the bag. 

Gracias a mi familia peruana para una bienvenida muy bonita. Estoy muy emocionada para estar aqui con ustedes por 6 meses mas!



No comments: