Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hipo

I just want to share a short tid bit today.. about hipos. No, I did not misspell it and no, not the animal. Hipo is the word for hiccups in Spanish. 

So today, I got hiccups. It is not such an uncommon thing for me. From my other occurrences, I have learned that they treat hiccups about the same way we do: scare the person, drink water, hold your breath for 10 seconds, etc. etc. 

While in the car on the way home, Wilfredo told Sandra's littler brother, Billy, 10 years old, to try and scare me to scare the hiccups away. Billy thought very long and hard about what he should do. First, he sort of growled, kind of like the growl that Simba gives the hyenas when he is little. It didn't work. Back to the drawing board. 


He thought long and hard, then looks at me and gasps then says, "you forgot your glasses!" It was hilarious. I don't know about you, but I'm not sure who would be frightened by said news. It was a good laugh, so good that it sort of increased my hiccups for a bit. 



After a bit more thinking, he told me to look away and then look back and he was doing this weird, creepy thing with his eyes. It was decently scary, but unfortunately, only time made these hiccups go away. 

Billy's Eyes of Miedo

It was a solid effort on his part. I especially liked the "you forgot your glasses!" part. Say what? Hahaha. 

Thanks for your assistance Billy! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was pretty adorable how Billy tried varying ways to help you rid your hiccups. Aren't kids the greatest? Thank you for sharing.